Monday, November 10, 2014

Pumpkin Carving

We were a little late getting pumpkins carved this year. We went to Walmart and let the kids each pick out a pumpkin, and one for  Scott and I.  They picked some pretty big ones too. They wanted even larger, but my rule was if they couldn't carry it, it was too big.
We spent one evening finding the designs that they wanted carved on the pumpkin. (Depending on what I thought I could carve) Elizabeth  chose Olaf from "Frozen", Jocleyn picked an owl, and Ethen wanted Curious George.  He loved watching Curious George Halloween Boo Fest on Netflix so he had to have him. I think we watched that movie at least twice a day for 2 weeks.
The next day we printed the temp lets, I then had the kids  tape them to their pumpkins and poke holes on all the outlines. That took a good deal of time. The next day I carved them. It was a lot of work, and had I had the right tools to actually carve with it may not have taken me so long to  get them done.  I did carve one for Scott, but I didn't get a picture of it. We wanted the Star of life.. I turned out really cool. 
Our pumpkins sat inside the house for the next couple of days. My battery candles were out in the garage and I never  got  around to getting them out.   So sad to have never seen them glowing out on the porch. They would have looked really cool.  There's always next year right?




No comments:

Post a Comment